Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Carry Your Damn Guns.

If you think you'll only carry when "things are dangerous" you're deluding yourself.

If you think a situation is risky then you shouldn't go there.

And if you think it's paranoid to always be strapped, like say when going to the grocery store well... from Jay G here's a story that proves otherwise.

Man comes into the store at 6pm and forces an employee into a back room as part of a robbery (and it's never a good sign when a goblin moves his intended victims). Fortunately, one of her coworkers was armed and ended the situation. Nothing reduces repeat offenses quite like a lethal shot to the head.

This has resonance with me because this is one of 2 Krogers near where I live. I've been there several times. Though never disarmed.

Don't think that crime is something that happens to other people. It can happen at work, at the store, when doing errands.

That's why one needs to be prepared materially, physically, and mentally.

1 comment:

Karl said...

Good advice. I walked into an armed robbery in a Courtyard Marriott at 6am on a Saturday morning. Begged for my life on the lobby floor and my snub nose was of no help as it was back in my room.

The manager called me when I was going through the shakes about an hour later. She offered me a free breakfast.

That was in 92, and I haven't spent a penny at Marriott ever since.